Friday, August 21, 2015

Interior Design: Real Life Simpson's Kitchen


Source: CBC via Nerdist

The kitchen is a staple of TV sitcoms.  Practically every major comedy series from I Love Lucy to Seinfeld has been set, at least in part, in a kitchen.  But there's no kitchen more recognizable than that of 742 Evergreen Terrace, the home of the Simpsons.  Its blue countertops, neon green stove, and corn cob-covered curtains are all instantly recognizable.

Joe Hamilton and Marcia Andreychuk have now re-created the iconic animated kitchen inside their Calgary home as part of a remodel of the fifties era kitchen, and they’re doing an amazing job.

Andreychuk found the perfect fabric for Marge’s corn cob curtains on Spoonflower, which she used to sew the curtains herself.

Joe and Marcia are currently saving up to buy new “’retro-inspired’ granny-apple green appliances​,“ but in the meantime they’ve used contact paper to make their countertops, cabinets, washer/dryer, fridge, and stove match the Simpsons’ versions.  (Though how you cook on a stovetop covered in contact paper is a mystery to me.)

Andreychuk told the CBC in an interview that they’re thinking about renovating their basement to look like Moe’s Tavern as their next project!








image

image




1 comment:

  1. I spend most of my life in the kitchen. There are reasons for that. The most important thing is that I love to eat very much. Right now, for comfortable cooking, I want to buy a kitchen set. People on the Internet recommend buying on the Kitchen Cabinets MT HOLLY, NJ website, but I didn't like anything there and I hope that you can offer me something interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...