Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sweets: Doctor Who Wedding Cake



If you Google "Doctor Who Cake," you'll get about a ten thousand image results featuring a blue-frosted TARDIS.  Here, Chunky Blerd over at Delicious Snackies put together something altogether different.  It features roses, the Fourth Doctor's scarf, the crack in time from the fifth series, Gallifreyan text, a Time Lord medallion from "The End Of Time," and what I think is the pocket watch from "The Family of Blood."

The effect is that this is instantly recognizable as a Doctor Who cake, but at the same time, it's fascinating because it's completely original.  I absolutely love it.  It's silly, it's solemn, and it's beautiful.
"My third and final cake for the section.  Tumblr hasn’t liked me uploading multiple pictures in one post, so I’ll do this one and then edit it to see what happens.  If you can tell me what it says and/or which doctors are featured, I love you.  All of this is cake, fondant, gum paste and edible gold dust mixed with vodka. Oh and a little bit of wire for some of the words."










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...